Boxing Day Fast(ish) group ride from Ashurst - Possibly Cancelled

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

Pete

Boxing Day Fast(ish) group ride from Ashurst - Possibly Cancelled

Post by Pete » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:31 am

Hi All,

I’ll be leading a fast group ride from Ashurst (usual free car park next to the Happy Cheese) starting at 10:00, on Boxing Day itself, and would welcome up to 5 other people to join me. I've hardly ridden in the New Forest this year so what could go wrong? :lol: Currently you must be a club member and spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please reply to this post if you want to join the ride.

Riders from Tier 3 and 4 areas please do not sign up – in line with Government advice to avoid unnecessary travel outside these areas we ask that members respect this advice and do not join the ride. Also if you have spent time in a Tier 4 Area in the past 10 days we would ask that you do not join the ride

Currently you must be a club member and spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please reply to this post if you want to join the ride.

With the high number of asymptomatic cases being reported it is important you have a face covering in the event of a puncture or mechanical to reduce the risk of infecting any rider who may assist you, similarly they must also wear a face covering to protect you.

A reminder of the rules/guidelines to ensure we stay Covid safe follows. Note club rides are available for people who self-regulate in order to abide by them, ride leaders will not be policing them but if you consistently breach them you may be asked to leave the ride. They are there for your safety and the safety of others.

• 2m spacing at all times before, during and after rides, extending to 4m if riding in front or behind someone.
• Each rider must carry a spare tube in case of a puncture or suitable kit if riding tubeless.
• Each rider must have disposable gloves and a face covering in case of having to attend to falls. Carrying hand sanitiser is also strongly recommended.
• Follow the ride leaders directions in case of a puncture/fall to ensure the minimum number of people are involved.

Thanks
Last edited by Pete on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KeithW

Re: Boxing Day Fast(ish) group ride from Ashurst

Post by KeithW » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:18 am

I'll take one of those places please.
There's nothing worse than a reformed former derailleur owner..............

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Great stuff Keith :D I guess I don't have to worry about getting lost anymore, or suggesting we each bring some beer!

PaulCroll

Post by PaulCroll » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi Pete
I can’t make it, but hope you have a great ride.

It turns out riding through that water last Sunday was not a great move. My crank bearings are shot! Almost completely ceased. Oh well, back to the bike shop again... Good ride though.

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:10 pm

That's alright Paul, I don't think I can make it now either! (I live in Southampton, now to be in tier 4 that from day :( ).

IanTaylor

Post by IanTaylor » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi Pete,

For the avoidance of doubt can you mark this ride as cancelled as you can't travel from a tier 4 area to a tier 3 area for the purpose of leading a ride.

Thanks

Ian

Pete

Re: Boxing Day Fast(ish) group ride from Ashurst - Possibly Cancelled

Post by Pete » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:29 pm

I can no longer attend this for obvious reasons. Not stopping any lucky tier 3 dwellers taking part with Keith though!

KeithW

Re: Boxing Day Fast(ish) group ride from Ashurst - Possibly Cancelled

Post by KeithW » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:41 pm

If no-one has posted their intention to join me by 09:30 Boxing Day I'll consider this ride cancelled and do something else.
There's nothing worse than a reformed former derailleur owner..............