Sunday 20th December - Fast group ride from Martin

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

Pete

Sunday 20th December - Fast group ride from Martin

Post by Pete » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi All,

I’ll be leading a fast group ride from Martin starting at 10:00 and would welcome up to 5 other people to join me. Currently you must be a club member and spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please reply to this post if you want to join the ride.

Meet at the usual Martin village car park, please let me know if you don't know it.

With the high number of asymptomatic cases being reported it is important you have a face covering in the event of a puncture or mechanical to reduce the risk of infecting any rider who may assist you, similarly they must also wear a face covering to protect you.

A reminder of the rules/guidelines to ensure we stay Covid safe follows. Note club rides are available for people who self-regulate in order to abide by them, ride leaders will not be policing them but if you consistently breach them you may be asked to leave the ride. They are there for your safety and the safety of others.

• 2m spacing at all times before, during and after rides, extending to 4m if riding in front or behind someone.
• Each rider must carry a spare tube in case of a puncture or suitable kit if riding tubeless.
• Each rider must have disposable gloves and a face covering in case of having to attend to falls. Carrying hand sanitiser is also strongly recommended.
• Follow the ride leaders directions in case of a puncture/fall to ensure the minimum number of people are involved.

Thanks for your help with this.

Pete

PaulCroll

Re: Sunday 20th December - Fast group ride from Martin

Post by PaulCroll » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Hi Pete
I will join you, but will need slightly more directions please.

See you Sunday.

Paul

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Hi Paul, it's down Sillen's Lane which is a narrow lane out of the centre of the Martin, near Fordingbridge. It's where we normally meet though maybe not obvious.

Martin

Post by Martin » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:16 pm

Pete
Is that OS ref SU 058192 ?

Which I think is
https://w3w.co/sparrows.calls.founding

This 3 word address refers to an exact 3m x 3m location. Tap the link or enter the 3 words into the free what3words app to find it.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:50 pm

Yes, that looks right. It's just off the edge of my old OS paper map (but who needs maps? :lol: ). The map on Strava calls it Sillens Lane but looks like its actually just Sillen. I thought we'd all been before!

Will you be joining us? This ones got your name on it :wink:

Martin

Post by Martin » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:15 pm

Yes, Pete.
I’ll bring a map too!
I think I recall that car park.
It’ll be really nice to ride outside of the Forest for a change
M