Sunday 20th Dec - Christmas ride from Appleslade, New Forest

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

PenHarrison

Sunday 20th Dec - Christmas ride from Appleslade, New Forest

Post by PenHarrison » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi All,

I’ll be leading a 'frisky' medium-paced ride from Appleslade car park, near the Red Shoot Inn, Linwood, New Forest, starting at 10:00 and would welcome up to 5 other people to join me. I also have an outdoor table for 6 booked at the Red Shoot Inn at 2pm for a pre-Christmas nosh up after the ride. If there are more than 5 people who wish to ride, there may be another leader available to take a second group, and possibly book a second table at the pub.

Currently you must be a club member and spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please reply to this post if you want to join the ride and please state if you are 'ride only' or 'ride and eat'.

With the high number of asymptomatic cases being reported it is important you have a face covering in the event of a puncture or mechanical to reduce the risk of infecting any rider who may assist you, similarly they must also wear a face covering to protect you.

A reminder of the rules/guidelines to ensure we stay Covid safe follows. Note club rides are available for people who self-regulate in order to abide by them, ride leaders will not be policing them but if you consistently breach them you may be asked to leave the ride. They are there for your safety and the safety of others.

• 2m spacing at all times before, during and after rides, extending to 4m if riding in front or behind someone.
• Each rider must carry a spare tube in case of a puncture or suitable kit if riding tubeless.
• Each rider must have disposable gloves and a face covering in case of having to attend to falls. Carrying hand sanitiser is also strongly recommended.
• Follow the ride leaders directions in case of a puncture/fall to ensure the minimum number of people are involved.

Feel free to dress up like Santa, or a Christmas tree or fairy or at least wear some tinsel!

See you on Sunday 20th December.

Pen x

PenHarrison

Re: Sunday 20th Dec - Christmas ride from Appleslade, New Forest

Post by PenHarrison » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:08 pm

One place already gone to Sheelagh, via text.

Four places left.

Davorn62

Post by Davorn62 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Can you sign up Sway Dave, Richard O , Towbar Dave and Hamish please Pen
Last edited by Davorn62 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sue m

Post by sue m » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:11 pm

Looks like 6 already signed up. I'll start another group.

PenHarrison

Post by PenHarrison » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:17 pm

Crikey! Over-subscribed already :shock:

Okay, first group of 6: Pen, Sheelagh, Sway Dave, Rich, Hamish, Towbar Dave

Presumably all eating at the pub too?

Maybe Sue could form a second group? I can provide a route. Sue, do you want to do that? See if enough others sign up? Also book a table at Red Shoot?

Pen x

sue m

Post by sue m » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:37 pm

Been told by the powers that be that we are not to have two groups going from 1 car park.....

I'll set up another ride from Emery Down with a coffee stop or food at the New Forest Inn.

Sue