Fast Group Ride Sunday 6th December from Farley Mount.

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

taniap

Fast Group Ride Sunday 6th December from Farley Mount.

Post by taniap » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi All,

I’ll be leading a fast ride from Farley Mount starting at 10:00 and would welcome up to 5 other people to join me. Currently you must be a club member and spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please reply to this post if you want to join the ride.

Meet at Crab Wood car park. Different place to usual! If you know the top car park we normally park in, from there if driving out of the car park turn left and Crab Wood is about 1 mile down the road. Just before the crossroads.
On OS map 1:50 SU 433293 if that helps.

With the high number of asymptomatic cases being reported it is important you have a face covering in the event of a puncture or mechanical to reduce the risk of infecting any rider who may assist you, similarly they must also wear a face covering to protect you.

A reminder of the rules/guidelines to ensure we stay Covid safe follows. Note club rides are available for people who self-regulate in order to abide by them, ride leaders will not be policing them but if you consistently breach them you may be asked to leave the ride. They are there for your safety and the safety of others.

• 2m spacing at all times before, during and after rides, extending to 4m if riding in front or behind someone.
• Each rider must carry a spare tube in case of a puncture or suitable kit if riding tubeless.
• Each rider must have disposable gloves and a face covering in case of having to attend to falls. Carrying hand sanitiser is also strongly recommended.
• Follow the ride leaders directions in case of a puncture/fall to ensure the minimum number of people are involved.

Thanks for your help with this.

Tania

PaulCroll

Re: Fast Group Ride Sunday 6th December from Farley Mount.

Post by PaulCroll » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi Tania

I would like to come, but to be honest, look down has not be kind to my fitness.

Freedom tomorrow and back to the gym, but I am not sure how well I will keep up.

How fast are you feeling?

Paul

taniap

Post by taniap » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi Paul,

You will be fine.
Happy to ride at your pace if needed.

Tania

PaulCroll

Post by PaulCroll » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:06 pm

The gym was much harder than it should have been.

Oh well, see you Sunday.

Paul

barney2711

Post by barney2711 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:41 pm

Hi Tania

Unfortunately I wont be able to make sunday, :(

Cheers Barney

taniap

Post by taniap » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi Craig,

Sorry you won't be able to make it.
Hopefully catch up soon.

Tania