Fast Ride: Sunday 16th Aug - Lordswood

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

sleepyrider

Fast Ride: Sunday 16th Aug - Lordswood

Post by sleepyrider » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:04 am

Hi All,

I’ll be leading a Fast ride from Chilworth Village Hall around Lordswood starting at 10:00 and would welcome up to 5 other people to join me. Currently you must be a club member and spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please reply to this post if you want to join the ride.

We will be having a drink at the Chilworth arms at the end of the ride.

Please ensure you park in the Village Hall CP not the pub CP (they are next to each other)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Chi ... -1.4170392

With the high number of asymptomatic cases being reported it is important you have a face covering in the event of a puncture or mechanical to reduce the risk of infecting any rider who may assist you, similarly they must also wear a face covering to protect you.

A reminder of the rules/guidelines to ensure we stay Covid safe follows. Note club rides are available for people who self-regulate in order to abide by them, ride leaders will not be policing them but if you consistently breach them you may be asked to leave the ride. They are there for your safety and the safety of others.

• 2m spacing at all times before, during and after rides, extending to 4m if riding in front or behind someone.
• Each rider must carry a spare tube in case of a puncture or suitable kit if riding tubeless.
• Each rider must have disposable gloves and a face covering in case of having to attend to falls. Carrying hand sanitiser is also strongly recommended.
• Follow the ride leaders directions in case of a puncture/fall to ensure the minimum number of people are involved.

Thanks for your help with this.

Nigel

nobby73

Re: Fast Ride: Sunday 16th Aug - Lordswood

Post by nobby73 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Sounds good. Yes from Rob

sleepyrider

Post by sleepyrider » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Great to have you on board rob

MichaelB

Post by MichaelB » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:16 am

hello Nigel, can you put me down for this ride please
been a member for a couple of months and this will be my first fast ride
thank you

sleepyrider

Post by sleepyrider » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:56 am

Hi,

I put it as a fast ride for the technical nature of the trails rather than going fast. Its short sections of single track 1-2 minutes then a double track climb then another trail etc

N

MichaelB

Post by MichaelB » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:14 pm

cool, sound fun, been lords wood a few times and rode some single tracks so i should be okay

Martin&Rita

Post by Martin&Rita » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Hi Nigel,

Please add me to the group.

Martin