STARTING GROUP RIDES AS LOCKDOWN EASES
BULLET POINTS FROM THE FULL TEXT ON THE FORUM
This list has been posted on 23rd June 2020
THE CURRENT RULES IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT ADVICE
• Groups of no more than 6 people from different households can to meet outdoors for exercise
• Social distancing must be maintained
• Rides will be in a closely controlled format to mitigate risk.
THE NEW FORMAT FOR CLUB RIDES
• We will use the format of the Thursday evening rides with some slight modifications.
• For the moment we will be restricting rides to club members only.
• Starting Sunday 5th July, members who have volunteered to be a ride leader will post the start time and place from which they will lead a ride and the pace they will be going at.
• The old ride calendar will remain suspended.
TO JOIN IN ON A RIDE
• Rides will be organised via the FORUM ONLY.
• The Facebook page will direct you to the Forum.
• To join a ride please reply to the forum notice posted by the volunteer ride leader.
• Five riders will qualify to join the leader on a first come, first served basis.
• The group of six riders is required to adhere to current government guidance.
ON THE RIDE
• We ask that you maintain the recommended 2m separation at all times.
• When riding in front of or behind another rider, the distance we have agreed on is a minimum of 4m.
• We require you to bring an inner tube or means of mending tubeless tyres trailside, a pump, a face covering and disposable gloves (to be taken home and disposed of properly if used on the trail!). Hand sanitizer is also strongly recommended.
• In the event of a mechanical incident or an accident please DO NOT all rush to help.
• The ride leader will co-ordinate assistance for the distressed rider so that the minimum number of people get involved at close distance.
Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.
1 post •Page 1 of 1