Garmin / Ride routes / Tikka Thurs 2nd May

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: admin, IanTaylor

andypell

Garmin / Ride routes / Tikka Thurs 2nd May

Post by andypell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi All,
I was lucky enough to receive a Garmin watch a few weeks back and was wondering if anyone has any route files for our rides?
This could help me lead a ride- anyone that knows me will know I couldn't normally find my way out of a paper bag!

Additionally, if anyone else has a Garmin and is interested in linking accounts for some friendly competition then let me know.

Thinking about trying it out from The Plough, Sparsholt on Thursday, depart 6.45 -post if coming - my plans can change and I may not make it

Cheers,
Andy.

PatrickS

Re: Garmin / Ride routes / Tikka Thurs 2nd May

Post by PatrickS » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:09 pm

See you at The Plough Sparsholt. Will also have a paper map route available just in case.

Cant help with gpx files.

Patrick

Andy

Post by Andy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:37 pm

Andy, not sure which Garmin you have but almost all Twatnav's will import and export tracks/routes in the .GPX file format allowing you to bring in any track/route in that format, track points and route points limits usually apply, my Montana 600 can only use 250 ponts per route file, but ~4000 for track files.

jenforr

Post by jenforr » Mon May 06, 2019 9:55 am

Andy, if you link to a strava account and follow me I believe you can steal any of my rides... feel free! If you can't download them then let me know, I can send you the files you'd like.

Jen