Today's Ride and BBQ - Sunday 28th April

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: IanTaylor, admin

Roger Shephard

Today's Ride and BBQ - Sunday 28th April

Post by Roger Shephard » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:43 pm

Despite the unsettled weather this past week, today was kind to us and starting from Hatchet Pond we had a lovely ride around the Inclosures and the open heathland, and on the return leg had the pleasure of the sight and smells of bluebells in abundance in Royston Woods and the surrounding pastures. It was an absolute delight.

Equally delightful was the post-ride BBQ put on by courtesy of George and Caroline Clitter at their house. It was great to see Caroline so animated and chatty. We enjoyed some perennial favourites of BBQ grilled offerings and a wonderful selection of desserts. Thanks to George and Caroline once again for their unstinting generosity and gracious welcome to the Club members.

There was a scheme in place that if you did not contribute a dessert to the food table, then a donation should be made to charity. I passed around the official collecting tin that my wife wields on such occassions and requested contributions to Cancer Research UK which as you know is a charity close to our hearts. I have to thank all those who gave so freely and we managed to amass a totalof £62.20 which when passed on with the benefit of Gift Aid will be worth vastly more to the charity. Well done everybody.

johnandlinda

Re: Today's Ride and BBQ - Sunday 28th April

Post by johnandlinda » Wed May 01, 2019 9:18 pm

Gerorge has notified he found an Endura right cycling glove in the garden where we parked the cars.
Has anyone a wish to reclaim?
J + L

Clive

Re: Today's Ride and BBQ - Sunday 28th April

Post by Clive » Thu May 02, 2019 11:08 am

might be mine. I seem to have lost a right-handed Endura glove. Black with small red motif on the inner wrist