Roger back riding at Fritham 17th February?

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: IanTaylor, admin

Roger Shephard

Roger back riding at Fritham 17th February?

Post by Roger Shephard » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 pm

We have the next ride location at Fritham on 17th February. I am putting this one in my diary. I wanted to do the last club ride, but some of you will remember my problem with Raynauds Syndrome which leaves the fingers and toes going white and numb in adverse temperatures, so I had to change my arrangements and stay in the warm that time.

However, the forecast is looking favourable for next Sunday so in an email to Sue I stated my willingness to lead a ride from Fritham but as this will be my first post-surgery ride, and whilst my recovery is coming on very well, I am not back on form yet, so for the avoidance of doubt, my precise words to Sue were,

"I will be doing a slower, slower medium ride .......... because with the long lay-off, I simply do not have the same energy reserves and will need to build up. So if you want to advertise a more sedate group, I will be happy to accommodate that".

Everybody, please do not regard my leader contribution this time as the usual slower medium group ride. It will most likely be a much gentler affair but depending on how I manage in the early stages, it could get either a bit more vigourous or a bit more gentle.

Looking forward to getting back into it and looking forward to the company of anybody who wants to join in with me as a separate group on the day