Special mention for Jack Lawry

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: IanTaylor, admin

Roger Shephard

Special mention for Jack Lawry

Post by Roger Shephard » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:47 am

Jack Lawry has been a member for a while now and I guess that a large number of you will have met him on a ride at some time. Jack very kindly stepped into the position of webmaster when James Davenport stepped down around the time of the AGM last year. Since taking on the reins, Jack has continued the good work of James and has brought a matching degree of enthusiasm to the task.

Those of you reading this will note that the Forum page itself has taken on a fresher, brighter green hue of late. Most of us will not have given that much thought but it is as a direct result of the huge amount of work the Jack has been doing on the site recently, which amongst other things has involved migrating the entire operation onto his own commercial server system after our old hosting arrangements expired. There is such a large tract of invisible work that has been done in bringing the website and its functionality up to date that it is fitting that I should let you know via the website itself, and to publicly thank Jack for all his efforts without which one of our prime club assets would be a lesser thing.

Well done Jack. Keep up the good work

Pete

Re: Special mention for Jack Lawry

Post by Pete » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:03 pm

I gave it some thought, as I set up the "skin" on the original forum and can say what an absolute pain in the a*** it was and I noticed how it wasn't then changed for many years! I didn't know about the other stuff going on, but well done Jack :D

jenforr

Post by jenforr » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Thanks for all your hard work Jack!

Pen&Paul

Post by Pen&Paul » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Fantastic work Jack and much appreciated, thank you very much.

Pen x

Jack_L
Site Admin

Post by Jack_L » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:49 am

Thanks for your kind words!