Last Minute Fab Ride North York Moors August 11-13

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators: IanTaylor, admin, Robin K

Last Minute Fab Ride North York Moors August 11-13

Postby FabRides on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Hello everyone!
Last minute week end planning after checking the weather. I will head North to Yorkshire with few riders on Friday Morning.

The Plan is to ride the trails of Dalby Forest (and few other not official I hope) on Friday (3PM) and Sunday (9:30 AM) and do a big long nice ride in the Moors on Saturday starting in Lastingham at 9 AM in the morning (30miles+/3300ft+, wild and remote).

My car is almost full (possibly one rider). However do not hesitate to join any of the rides above if you are already around and independent with logistic/accommodation.
The Saturday ride is a hard while Friday and Sunday trails are nice and welcoming I hope.

Group Level: some intermediate and some advanced level riding. All with good fitness uphill.
FabRides

Re: Last Minute Fab Ride North York Moors August 11-13

Postby bari_K on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:39 pm

Good Luck bud. Lovely area to be riding in!!! I normally live just up the road in Sunderland from there.
bari_K

Postby FabRides on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:53 pm

We had a great ride this evening. The northerners are very friendly! Looking forward to riding across the Moors Heather tomorrow...
FabRides

Postby Ros Harper on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Hope you enjoyed this Fab, I did the same when I was up there last week, Dalby then Rosedale with a coffee at the pub in Lastingham, in dry weather! Then went on to do ArdRock further north, brilliant fun but hard work and a bit scary. Hundreds did not finish so I was pleased to get round with just a couple of dabs. Hope to ride with you soon.
Ros Harper

Return to General