Tier 4 restrictions

Rides, bike talk, advice, etc.

Moderators:admin, IanTaylor

Roger Shephard
Tier 4 restrictions

Post by Roger Shephard » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:03 pm

The announcement today that Hampshire, plus the Southampton Unitary Authority area will move into Tier 4 alongside Portsmouth, Gosport and Fareham that are already in it, will undoubtably cause disruption to our planned rides. Tier 4 dwellers may meet with only one other person from a different household or bubble in an open public space if they are both alone.

The New Forest is excluded from the move into Tier 4 but this does not mean that we can all jump in our cars and ride in the Forest because Tier 4 dwellers may not travel outside the area except for work or education.

At the moment I have not seen a Covid map defining the "New Forest" but I am guessing that our Lyndhurst and Burley, and possibly Christchurch members can organise rides for similarly located members, but not of course as a free for all from any Tier 4 dwellers.

I'll see what I can discover and come back with a bit more info, but in the meantime I suggest that ride leaders need to examine what they are offering and whether it complies with Govt restrictions, and post on the forum accordingly.

Best regards

Roger Shephard
Chairman

Roger Shephard

Re: Tier 4 restrictions

Post by Roger Shephard » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi All

Ian Taylor's link to NFDC is very helpful. Announcement from NFDC here https://www.newforest.gov.uk/coronavirus

I was struggling to find a sub link from NFDC to a map. However, Ian has now posted a map and it seems pretty clear to me. Interactive map here to work out if you are in the NFDC area https://www.geopunk.co.uk/council/New-Forest-District

The link from NFDC to Govt webpage for Tier 3 takes you here for info on meeting up outdoors in Tier 3 GOV.UK

I conclude that New Forest dwellers in NFDC can organise rides of up to 6 but only for other NFDC dwellers. The rest of us need to know if we are in Tier 3 outside of the NFDC boundary (probably westwards into Dorset, or in Tier 4 (newly in from Boxing Day - Hampshire generally, Southampton; previously in - Portsmouth, Gosport, Fareham) and thus can meet with one person only outside our household or bubble.

Best regards

Roger Shephard
Chairman